exporting and saving:
- ability to export to a cad program for editing - I would LOVE to see this
- ability to cut pieces in half for use on fold - not a big deal, but would be nice to have
- ability to group pieces together (facings and pockets with their respective pieces - i.e. front pocket bag, front pocket facing, and front all grouped together and positioned in place on the front piece) - not a big deal, but would be nice to have in order to facilitate layout efficiency (i.e. flipping a group of selected pieces does not flip them all around the same line and rotating a group of pieces does not rotate them around the same point. If I could group them, I could move them around and flip or rotate them using the same reference point.)
- ability to change seam allowance - not a big deal, but would be nice to have
- ability to print selected pieces on same sheet - each piece prints on its own page or set of pages - I would LOVE to see this improved. As a (hopefully temporary) workaround, I will look into using a PDF editor that allows selection of pieces as objects so I can move all the pieces onto one page. (First I need to determine if the pieces in the PDF are separate objects or if the whole thing is a bitmapped image. Maybe GIMP can help me do this? Or PhotoShopElements?)
- ability to print to plotter roll - instead of having to specify a sheet size - I would LOVE to see support for this! As a (hopefully temporary) workaround, I will look into using a PDF editor that allows me to edit page size so I don't have to keep guessing how much paper I will need every time I load a new pattern. I can just leave the default set at something huge and print one page to a pdf, take it into an editor and adjust the page size there.
- ability to enter asymmetrical model measurements - not a major pain but would be nice to determine if it's worth the bother to make separate left and right sides.
- ability to edit drape characteristics for stiffer or stretchier fabrics - I realize this is the "bones" of the program and there is a LOT of math involved in these simulations. I am sure the ability to do this would make the program run slower and take up more disk space, but it would be SO nice to have. I am not expecting to see this any time soon.