Should I Continue With This?

I really hate the way this dress is coming out. I don't like the bubbles at the bottom of the back darts. I think it is too big and baggy looking. The gabardine does not drape the way I thought it would. Maybe it will hang better once it's lined? I really cannot decide whether to keep working on it or to let it "rest" for a while. Sometimes when I hate something and I try to save it, I get really creative and end up truly loving the result. My psychic spidey senses are not seeing good things for the future of this project. I am calling out to all of my fellow sewing fashionistas. What would you do with this?


back view

front view
I tried styling it with a thick knit turtleneck and a wide patent leather belt, but I am just not feeling it.

front view

back view
Here is what the finished dress is supposed to look like. Should I leave it sleeveless? I am afraid there may be just too much azalea gabardine...

technical drawing

from BURDA Style February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment