The New annual MODA Marfy 2010/11 is here! And it comes with 10 FREE patterns!
I posted this picture of these gratuitous MARFY patterns earlier this month.
I have been trying to decide whether or not to buy the new pattern catalogue. I really love all the free designs. They are SO worth the price of the catalog all by themselves. Not to mention that the catalogue is truly inspirational to me when I am looking for that something special. I love Italian design and the way they show a whole outfit - including a coat - that just works so well together. I love that the style lines are not the same old same old that I have grown bored with. There is a timeless elegance to the designs which reminds me of the styles from the 40s and 50s when women wore tailored clothing. A time with shoes and hats and stockings and lipstick and pin-up girls and curves... I love the formal look of well fitting clothes. Even if I don't order the patterns, the ideas are there for me to interpret and incorporate as I develop my own style.
But I do have a few issues:
1. I already have SO MANY patterns.
2. MARFY patterns with their interesting style lines are harder to petite
3. I have a subscription to BURDA Style which has lead to
4. I have a backlog of patterns in queue waiting to be sewn which leads to
5. I just don't have the time to sew everything I would like to sew.
6. I am trying to control my impulse purchasing
7. Did I mention I have SO MANY patterns?
8. Judging by the overflowing closets, dresser drawers, and laundry baskets in my home, I don't need any more clothes...
HELP! Any thoughts? Suggestions? Rationalizations??