MARFY 2255 fitting

Here is my second MARFY 2255 muslin. The fit still isn't just how I want it, but I am happy with the upper back. I added length and width to the back pattern piece. I essentially did a "full butt alteration" and now the back is longer than the front. The bust darts are a little too high as a result of an alteration I made to the slope of the shoulder. I think I can fix the pattern pieces and go straight to fashion fabric, but I have an issue with the style. I don't like the pleats in the front. I cannot decide whether or not to eliminate them.

3 comments:

  1. The fit looks very nice and the side panels are so slimming to the waist! The pleats on the line drawing look more like soft gathers. I wonder if the muslin (vs your FF) is making them look stiff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if you are sewing with a drapier fabric you will like them. If you are using something like a dupioni I would leave the off. I do like the look of the side panels, they are very slimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, Becki and Katie.

    Now that I look at the pattern illustration, I realize I took one pleat instead of three per side. The pattern had a notation on it which said "pleat" and I didn't refer back to the illustration when I put the muslin together. My fashion fabric is raw silk with a fair amount of body - not as drape-y as wool crepe and not as crisp as linen or dupioni. I think I'll go ahead and cut the silk. Maybe I can stitch the darts down if they poof too much? I also love those side panels. I love MARFY designs!

    ReplyDelete