Bernina My Label - feature wishlist

After using the program to make one outfit, here is a very rough post describing some of my wish list items for the BML software and what I might do as a workaround.  I do want to say that I recommend this program most enthusiastically.

exporting and saving:
  • ability to export to a cad program for editing - I would LOVE to see this
worktable:
  • ability to cut pieces in half for use on fold - not a big deal, but would be nice to have
  • ability to group pieces together (facings and pockets with their respective pieces - i.e. front pocket bag,    front pocket facing, and front all grouped together and positioned in place on the front piece) - not a     big deal, but would be nice to have in order to facilitate layout efficiency (i.e. flipping a group of selected pieces does not flip them all around the same line and rotating a group of pieces does not rotate them around the same point.  If I could group them, I could move them around and flip or rotate them using the same reference point.)
  • ability to change seam allowance - not a big deal, but would be nice to have
printing:
  • ability to print selected pieces on same sheet - each piece prints on its own page or set of pages - I would LOVE to see this improved.  As a (hopefully temporary) workaround, I will look into using a PDF editor that allows selection of pieces as objects so I can move all the pieces onto one page.  (First I need to determine if the pieces in the PDF are separate objects or if the whole thing is a bitmapped image.  Maybe GIMP can help me do this?  Or PhotoShopElements?)
  • ability to print to plotter roll - instead of having to specify a sheet size - I would LOVE to see support for this!  As a (hopefully temporary) workaround, I will look into using a PDF editor that allows me to edit page size so I don't have to keep guessing how much paper I will need every time I load a new pattern.  I can just leave the default set at something huge and print one page to a pdf, take it into an editor and adjust the page size there.
simulating:
  •  ability to enter asymmetrical model measurements - not a major pain but would be nice to determine if it's worth the bother to make separate left and right sides.
  •  ability to edit drape characteristics for stiffer or stretchier fabrics - I realize this is the "bones" of the program and there is a LOT of math involved in these simulations.  I am sure the ability to do this would make the program run slower and take up more disk space, but it would be SO nice to have.  I am not expecting to see this any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment