Pattern Drafting

A couple of years ago, I took a pant fitting class at the Worcester Sewing and Quilting Expo.  The class was taught by Peggy Sagers.  I now can sew pants that fit me perfectly.  If you ever have an opportunity to take her class, I highly recommend you do it!

With my custom pant pattern, I made a basic skirt sloper.  I sewed a mock-up to correspond to it, complete with a zipper.  It has been hanging in my sewing room since 2007.  Last night, I broke it out to draft a pattern for a skirt to go with my red leather jacket.  I tried on the mock-up just to make sure I was still happy with the fit.


TryOn
The sloper is for a mini skirt.  I want this skirt to come to just below my knees, so I added length.  I converted the darts in back to princess seams.  Then, I angled the seam lines and added additional style lines.

SkirtBack

I did this for the front and the back.  Next, I drafted facings for the waistline.  Voila! I now have a pattern for a skirt to go with my jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment