A Work In Progress

I assembled the front and back of my skirt by sewing all vertical seams. Next, I sewed the zipper in the center front.

Now, my leather skirt is ready for a final fitting. The fit is good, but I might want to snug the waist a tiny bit. I will tweak the back waist at the center back seam. In the photos, I have the waist facing clipped to the outside. In order to fit perfectly, I will have to cut the facing at the center back and sew a lapped seam there to make the waist tighter.

Once the fit is fine tuned, I will use the adjusted facing to draft a one piece yoke.





image from http://debramartin.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef0f0048833012876d57902970c-pi




image from http://debramartin.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef0f0048833012876d5790a970c-pi


It will look better once it's pressed. Also, I think it is time to add more padding to my dress form. She doesn't quite fill the skirt out the way I do, and I don't think I'll ever get back to the size I was when I originally padded her. I have been hoping, but it's time to get real!

No comments:

Post a Comment