The Silk Print Knit Shell
Here is my latest Bernina My Label success! I started with the tunic pattern. I used a half front on the fold, so I cut the pattern right down the center line. First, I redrafted the neckline and armscyes. Then I drew lines for the yoke and armscye bands and cut them off the pattern on both the front and back pieces. Next, I made four slashes in the front from the yoke seam line to the bust point. I closed the bust dart and let the slashes open. Then I taped tracing paper under the pattern to fill in the slashes. Finally, I redrew the yoke seam line straightening out the jaggies and added seam allowances to the yoke and the armscye bands. There is enough ease in the tunic design not to need a zipper or button closure. I used the yoke and armscye band pattern pieces to make facings. I cut fusible knit interfacing for the yoke and armscye bands. I did not have to finish any of the seams or the hem because the knit fabric does not ravel. For the hem, I just sewed three rows of straight stitches to add weight and make it look finished.